Wednesday, April 30, 2014

floral wall art

Hello my little blog!
Couldn't let the entire month of April slip on by with only two posts.  Not sure what happened this month, and not about to make any excuses (like maybe gorgeous weather after a looooonnnnnggg winter indoors, or spring cleaning the house, or hosting the Easter holiday, or three boys home for a week off from school, or reading, reading, reading).  But one thing is for sure, I have actually been creating some fun projects that I promise to share with you in the coming days.  There might even be a free cut-file download just for sticking through this quiet-around-here month with me.

Once in a while you make something that you just fall utterly and totally in love with.  This is one of those projects.

I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut most of the flowers using gorgeous cut files from Jamie Cripps.  You can find her amazing designs in her Silhouette Store.

Her blog contains easy-to-follow instructions for assembling each of these fabulous blooms.

I had so much fun putting them all together to fill a metal ampersand I had scored on clearance at Target.

The inspiration for this project came from the amazingly talented Cole Franke.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

5 comments:

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!