Friday, November 18, 2011

Some Crazy Croppin' Fun!

We are drooling over some delicious recipes and taste-tempting foodie photos over at the Scrapbook Heaven Cornucopia of Cards crop.  Stop by and play along!

Here are the challenges and cards I created for the crop:

Main Course: SWEET POTATOES
Sweet Potatoes have always been part of our Thanksgiving dinner--my mom made them and before her, my grandma, and they always called them yams. It was one of the few things that never made it onto my plate. That and the boiled onions (yuck!). But I do have a sweet challenge for you to go with sweet potatoes!

Create a card that uses something sweet as its focal point: candies, cakes, chocolates, cupcakes, cookies. Here's my sample using product from the November Petite:

_______________________________________________________________
Side Dish: MASHED POTATOES
Image
source: http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/perfect_mashed_potatoes/

Heap on the mashed potatoes! This is one food that I have loved my whole life (funny that I married a man who despised them; he'll eat them now because he has no choice!). Use the colors above inspired from mashed potatoes to create your project. Here's my sample:

 _______________________________________________________________
Dessert: PUMPKIN CAKE TRUFFLES
Image
source: http://www.madeinmelskitchen.com/2010/10/pumpkin-cake-truffles/

I have not tested this recipe as of writing this post, but I'm hoping they taste as delicious as they look. And they certainly are inspiring. For this challenge, I want you to drizzle some paint onto your project. Splat, drip, drizzle--go for color, but also texture. Be sure to give yourself some time for the thick paint to dry! Here's mine using product from the November Elite kit:


And a couple of sketches I created for the event:



Completed projects for these challenges must be uploaded to the forum by midnight on November 30th to be eligible for prizes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!