Thursday, August 4, 2011

August Reveal {and a winner}

Oh my word, August has been a whirlwind.  I have been spending my time getting ready for a special little someone's sixth birthday party this weekend.  We are up to our eyeballs in Legos and are just about ready.

I'll share all the deets next week.

Anyway, the new month of August (where has the summer gone??!) has brought some new kits to the Scrapbook Heaven store.
 
  And new kits mean new scrapbook pages and projects.  Here's what I created with these fabulous kits:

From the Elite:

 Our oldest is very into his music.  He has quite an extensive playlist on his ipod.  This layout documents some of his favorite tunes.

 One of my favorite journaling techniques is to highlight words using cut outs from patterned paper.

 This simple grid-style layout includes a pocket that can be used for report cards, school papers, or journaling.

 There's an entire sheet of banners in this kit--so fun!

From the  Petite:
 This page was inspired by a layout by Sasha Farina that I had saved to my inspiration folder a while back.
Awesome page by Sasha Farina
  I just loved her absolutely perfectly stitched circles filled with patterned papers.  I think she hand-stitches hers, but my hand-stitching is not that uniform so I opted for the machine (but it was a tad bit tricky to control--needs more practice)

 And another double-pager.  I'm thinking "white" is my safety color--matches everything and is an easy go to color for backgrounds.  I jazzed it up a bit with some bubble wrap stamping using acrylic paint.


I also created a simple mini-album using the Petite kit.  Absolutely love the Daily Junque line included in this kit!

the cover:

the inside front cover:

some pages:



 inside back cover:

back cover:
 This album went together in a snap: some white coin envelopes, a couple of sheets of Daily Junque, and some shipping labels all bound together with the Bind-It-All.  Slipped into each envie is a little lined index card.

And what will I do with said album?  Here's a slew of ideas I had while I was making it:
  • monthly calendar to keep track of appointments
  • daily goals/to do lists
  • a perpetual birthday calendar by day: jot done the month and person's name on the day card
  • daily quotes
  • daily musings
  • daily gratitudes
  • remember todays (jot down a little something special to remember about each day)
  • dream log
  • a month in the life
I also saw an idea on Pinterest where you record something about your life each day of the year every year.  You could do the same with this: each day of the month every month for a year. (Darn, I just spent 15 minutes trying to find that project on Pinterest, and I guess I never pinned it and can't find it anywhere--uggh!)

And now for the winner of the Frog Tape!  I loved all of your ideas of ways to use this great green tape--you girls are really clever!  I'm hoping to try some of them out and I'll post them here when I do.
  
I planned to do a random draw, but since my baby is turning 6 tomorrow, I am going to choose comment number 6: 

jahree said...
I just painted my kitchen and used the "blue tape". But I have to do my living room too. I could do a comparison.....if anyone is interested!
Yay, Jahree!  Please send me your addy and I will get your Frog goodies into the mail to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!