Saturday, June 11, 2011

Kit Projects from Scrapbook Heaven (photo-filled post!)

I have been working with these beauties:
 

 
for the past couple of weeks (in between hacking coughs and sneezing marathons from spring allergies that may have gotten a bit out of hand--but I'm back now, almost to normal, whatever that is).   

Here's what I have made so far, though I'm still working on more because these kits are so loaded.

From the May Elite:
Banners, birdies, and baby clothes all in one paper?  Just adore this Dear Lizzy line!
 And that's little me up there.  I swear, if they still made this wallpaper, I would hang it in my laundry room.
a close-up of the cluster embellies
Always have to put a butterfly on layouts of myself, don't know why really, it's just my thing.

Just love how all these papers coordinate so well together (an almost monochromatic LO)
 Another one of my childhood pics--this is me on my 2nd birthday sporting a crafty little apron--who would've guessed?!
And some close-ups cuz I like them!

Created this LO from the sketch from our summer crop going on now--more on that at the bottom of this post.
 My little guy with his "almost broken" collar bone.

How cute are these papers?  Eeek!
 Went a little whimsical on this one.  I've wanted to do a stitched block border for a while, and these papers seemed like the perfect ones to use. 

And a little card: this was actually the first project I created with the kit.  It's always so freeing to hack into brand new paper.  Kind of gets you over all those inhibitions.
 From the June Elite:
Another sketch from the summer crop (this one will be posted later this summer, so you're getting a little sneak!)
  My crazy rocker boys.

Could these papers be any more perfect for these pics?!
Oh, and speaking of crazy dudes, that would be my middle up there.

I hope my title is readable to people other than me: 2 cool 4 school
 And I'm 2 corny 4 my own good!
Who says boy pages can't have flowers? Not me, nope definitely not me.
This paper came just like this--I simply stitched on some buttons, matted the photos on a border punched mat, trimmed with ribbon, and added a sticker title--so easy!
  I often forget to snap photos of my boys with other family members.  So glad I got these precious shots of Maddox and his Auntie.

Another crop sketch card--this one posts this week at Scrapbook Heaven
 A card for Dad.

From the June Petite:
A quick 15 minute page.
Tried too hard with that bunting.
 I had some high hopes for this one, and it just didn't turn out the way I had envisioned.  Some pages are like that.

Doesn't book print make everything look better?  I think it does.
 I took this photo for fun on Valentine's day.  Never thinking I would scrapbook it.  But it was perfect, and I will jot down my favorite books on the pull out tag.

Well, there you have it.  I'm tired from typing so much (and it probably shows in what I just wrote).  

So about that crop:  Scrapbook Heaven is having a summer-long crop for the next 12 weeks (week one of the 12 just passed).  Sketches on Monday, Color Combos on Wednesday, and challenges on Friday.  Bonus weekends once a month, along with monthly stash lists and title/quote lists.  Play along for points and be entered to win some great prizes.  Stop by the forum and check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!